1. What does this mean for North Bible Church?
North Bible Church will be looking for a new senior pastor with the search being led by the Senior Pastor Search Committee designated by the Elder Board. Larry will remain as senior pastor while a new senior pastor is being sought.
2. How will this affect my experience at North Bible Church?
Your regular experience at North will remain largely unchanged. We believe that God has brought great vision and clarity to the direction and future of our church, and we will continue on that path in unity. Together, we will continue to Love God, Love One Another, and Love the World.
3. How can I stay up to date with the transition and senior pastor search process?
The best place to stay up-to-date will be right here on North's website, as well as the Sunday bulletin and the electronic North News weekly email. There will also be periodic town hall meetings held to inform the congregation of updates, as well as provide an opportunity to have your questions answered.
4. Do Larry and Gina plan on staying at North Bible Church?
Larry and Gina are not going to move and can easily see themselves attending North and supporting the ministry. At the same time, they want the very best for our church and if that means not being at North gives everyone the best opportunity to move forward and pursue a new vision then they will support that with joy and gratitude.
5. What is the timeline for a new pastor?
While an exact date has not been given, Larry has planned to stay on as senior pastor until the end of this year or a new pastor is approved.
6. Have you received any applications?
While the application process has just begun, we have received some letters of interest. We do ask for the understanding that we cannot disclose the names of the candidates as they might be in a position where their current church has not been informed that they are looking to move on.
7. Are there any internal candidates?
This also falls under the confidentiality of the candidate, which we are not able to share.
8. How can I refer someone?
There are multiple methods in which to do this:
1. Please share the website northbiblechurch.com/candidates where one can find all the necessary documents and information on how to submit an application.
2. Reach out to us directly at email@example.com and express an interest.
9. Does the congregation have any say in who is selected?
Yes, the Senior Pastor Search Committee will recommend the candidate to the Elder Board, and they will then present the nomination to the congregation for a final member vote after a visit by the nominated candidate to speak at North. If you call North Bible your church home and are interested in becoming a member, please inquire further at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Is every guest speaker at North a potential candidate?
No, while some may be potential candidates, there will also be regular guest speakers at North that are not potential candidates.
11. How was the Search Committee selected?
The Search Committee was selected by the Elder Board and is comprised of individuals representing a broad spectrum of the various demographics currently at North.
12. How can I help?
Your faithful prayer for our church staff, the Senior Pastor Search Committee, and our future senior pastor is essential to this search process. Please be in prayer in your daily devotions as well as in your small groups. There is also a designated prayer team that has committed to regularly pray for the search. Members may sign up to pray onsite after second service during our bi-weekly committee meetings. We would love for you to be a part of this team.
Things that you can be praying for:
- Discernment as it pertains to potential candidates
- Church Staff
- Search Committee
- Pastor Larry and Gina
- Incoming pastor and family
If you have questions about the transition, click below to email the committee. We appreciate your prayers during this time and are excited for what God has in store for North Bible Church.